Galesburg firefighters responded at about 1 a.m. this morning to a structure fire in a 160 year residence at 141 Sumner St.
The lone occupant, Gary Kubis sustained second degree burns to his arm.
In an email Fire Chief Tom Simkins says that responders found flames coming from the windows of a first floor kitchen.
The fire was extinguished in about 15 minutes and didn’t extend beyond the kitchen but still did significant damage there including first floor smoke damage.
There were no injuries to emergency responders.
Investigators continue to work.